- Where can I buy ACT II products?
- ACT II products are sold in most traditional grocery stores and convenience stores. You can also find us in vending machines around the country. If your retailer does not carry the flavor you’re seeking, ask the store manager if he or she can order it for you.
- Can I buy directly from your company?
- Unfortunately, we don’t sell our products directly to consumers. We suggest speaking with your store manager about ordering some for you.
- How do I read the production date code?
Factory code where the product was manufactured.
The year code shall correspond to the last numeral of the year of production. Example: 2002 would be coded as 2.
Number of Julian day. Example 001 would be the first day of the year and 365 would be the last.
Code Month 001-031 Jan 032-059 Feb 060-090 Mar 091-120 Apr 121-151 May 152-181 Jun 182-212 Jul 213-243 Aug 244-273 Sept 274-304 Oct 305-334 Nov 335-365 Dec
- What is the shelf life of the product?
- ACT II Popcorn is good for one year after the manufactured date.
- Why does some of the popcorn not pop?
- Because microwave ovens heat unevenly, some kernels won't get enough heat to pop. As suggested on the package, you can elevate the bag on an inverted microwave-safe dish for better popping performance. Also for best popping volume, listen for when the popping slows to a pop every 2-3 seconds, then shut off the microwave oven.
- Why are some bags marked, “Not for individual sale”?
- ACT II uses generic bags, which are placed in printed overwrap for many of the items sold into the vending trade class. The printed overwrap provides the necessary UPC code and nutritional information, which must be found on a package for individual sale per FDA regulations. The generic bag inside the printed overwrap carries the disclaimer, “This unit not labeled for individual sale” because there isn’t a UPC code or nutritionals on the generic bag. All flavors of ACT II popcorn sold to the vend trade using generic bags have the disclaimer. It’s meant to protect both the vend operator and ACT II.